I’ve added a link to the GNHLUG PastEvents page that provides a comma-separated file listing all the events from calendar year 2008. Some interesting highlights:
- Despite under-counting or -reporting of many events, we recorded attendance of 589 people, total, at GNHLUG events. This looks to be down a bit from last year, but I know I didn’t post as many numbers as last year. And it’s almost the same as 2006. Worth watching.
- The best attended event of the year (30) was the GNHLUG cookout. Thanks to Bruce Dawson and Carole Soule for hosting the event!
- Tied for second (at 22) were:
- The bronze medal goes to Máirín Duffy’s Photographic Prowess (MerriLUG ,20)
- Honorable Mentions:
- Ben Scott’s Linux Server that Could (CentraLUG, 19),
- Arc Riley’s PySoy (PySIG, 17),
- James Fogg’s Administrator in a Box (DLSLUG, 17),
- Guy Pardoe’s Joomla 1.5 (MonadLUG, 16)
- And another tie: Richard Weait’s OpenStreetMap (MerriLUG, 15), Ed Lawson’s Scribus DTP (CentraLUG, 15) and my Cascading Style Sheets (DLSLUG, 15)
In terms of cumulative attendance, MerriLUG was on top as usual:
This is certainly a measuring issue, too: I record CentraLUG’s numbers every time, but many groups only infrequently post their numbers. Finally, by average attendance, a few numbers change, pointing out the many unreported ??? posted to the web page, and also reflected the varied numbers of times each group met:
- DLSLUG: 16.25
- MerriLUG: 14
- PySIG: 10
- SLUG: 7.67
- MonadLUG: 7.13
- CentraLUG: 6.92
- RubySIG: 5.33
If anyone would like to work with the data, you’ll find the CSV linked here (below the heading for each year, a link labeled “CSV format”) or linked directly off the bottom of individual year’s pages: 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005. And if anyone is really into it, I’ve got an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet I’d be glad to share.