I'll be speaking on a panel next week at the Bill McGonigle. Here's the blurb:. The panel is entitled “FOSS: Are there options for your business? How can the use of FOSS software supercharge your enterprise” and will be moderated by
“Please join a panel of local Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) experts for a discussion of what's new in the field. Each panelist will briefly describe how he uses FOSS software to supercharge his enterprise. After that, the panel will discuss a series of issues that are frequently asked about Free/Open Source Software, and will help the audience understand these questions:
- What is Free/Open Source Software?
- Why would I want to use Free/Open Source Software?
- How can I improve my profits by using Free/Open Source Software?
- What's changed in the past few years?
“The panel will then switch to a Q&A session, answering questions and engaging discussion with the audience members.”
The other panelists include:
- David Clifton, Systems Administrator, Fluent Inc, Lebanon, NH
- Scott Helper, Web Developer
- Jonathan Linowes, Principal, ParkerHill Technology, Lyman, NH
- Ted Roche, Technical Lead, Ted Roche & Associates, LLC, Contoocook, NH
- Todd Underwood, Chief Operations and Security Officer, Renesys, Hanover, NH
The meeting will be on Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 7:30am – 10:00am, at The Fireside Inn. Admission costs $45, which includes breakfast. Details at — hope to see you there!