“That shouldn’t break anything…”

I changed one of the settings on the web server. I had it set to redirect from the older location of this blog http://www.tedroche.com/blog/ to the new subdomain of http://blog.tedroche.com but the redirect was set to a temporary (302) redirect rather than a permanent (301) one, causing extra traffic to the web server and slower response to the clients. I’ve changed this to a permanent redirect. There shouldn’t be any negative effects, he said, with his fingers crossed…

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes

This work by Ted Roche is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States.