Happy New Year. Inspired by Joi Ito’s post, I took advantage of the morning to do some analyses of last year’s weblogs. Yeah, what a geek.
Assisted by the fantastic (and free!) ReportMagic to spiff up the presentation, and to convert the IP addresses into domain names, is what I found: 220,000 requests, total. 778 DEFAULT.IDA exploits, rejected. 20,000 requests for the BAFUG.GIF, displayed on the http://www.foxcentral.net web site as well as the Visual FoxPro Task Pane Community Pane. 19,000 requests for the FoxCentral RSS 2.0 feed, 12,000 requests for the http://fox.wikis.com RSS 2.0 feed. For their RSS 1.0 feeds, the requests were 4,000 and 5,800, respectively. The RO BOTS.TXT file was requested over 3,000 times, not surprisingly, as the GoogleBot, InkToMi and Teoma search engines made it to the top 20 most popular domains.package to analyze the logs,
Glad to see the site is getting some use.