DSL Update

DSL was installed, up and running, in 45 minutes this morning, by MCT Telecom’s ace lineman, John. Steve and I confirmed it was working and set the DNS entries to update. I’ve moved the http://www.tedroche.com domain to the new DSL, but need to convert it to the new server. It’s currently running on a beater P-166, and needs to be updated. But it works! We installed the Win2K server, a Linux workstation and a WinXP workstation on the network, and have installed WallWatcher on the WinXP box to watch the packets hit the router. A few dozen tries, mainly at port 137, but a hit or two at 1434 (SQL Server) and others as well.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes

This work by Ted Roche is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States.