Bruce Schneier has posted his latest newsletter at http://www.counterpane.com./crypto-gram-0202.html#1. Good reading for anyone concerned with computer security.
Archive | February 16, 2003
Submitted my first technical article after a two-year self-imposed hiatus. While I’ve written a few small web pieces and whitepapers for a dozen conferences or so, (oh, and a book), this was my first article, and I was rusty! Keeping it short, sweet and organized. Eliminating all the extra verbiage but keeping enough transition and organization so the reader could follow. Submitted the first draft to the editor and expect to get back a red-inked-bloodbath. It’ll take a while to get into the swing again, but it’s good to be writing.
Another Merger and Acquisition hits the streets. No doubt this will be the most talked-about item today, unless the US invades Iraq:
- Google buys Pyra Labs [Slashdot]
- Dan Gillmor’s eJournal] . NOTE: This is a slightly edited version of a special column running in tomorrow’s San Jose Mercury News. We’re posting… [
- Announced by owner Live from the BlogoSphere” happening last night in L.A. Musta been some event – looks like few blogged much before crashing for the night. Wish they’d blogged it live. Waiting for the sun to rise on the left coast for more details… at the “
- http://blogger.com and http://www.blogspot.com are the properties sold off.
- SlashDot is on it, of course, with their mixture of brilliant insightfulness and inane irrelevancies.